Work for us
Since 2005, our mission at Third Coast Surf Shop has been to spread the joy of the surfing lifestyle throughout the Great Lakes and beyond. We offer a full line of surf, skate, and stand-up paddling gear, apparel, and accessories at two surf shop locations, and also operate Third Coast Paddling, a retail destination for kayaks, stand-up paddleboards, and related items. Our services include kayak and paddleboard rentals at multiple rental sites throughout southwest Michigan, plus surfing, paddling, and sandboarding rentals and lessons, and kids' beach day camps.
We currently have openings in the following positions:
RETAIL STORE MANAGER or ASSISTANT MANAGER
Our store managers and assistant managers are the face of our business, and we're looking for a great new person to join our crew. Do you enjoy working with people, and bringing good energy and a self-driven attitude every day? Are you passionate about the surfing lifestyle? Let us know if you might be a good fit!
- Executing and overseeing daily store operations, including financial reporting and analysis.
- Tracking sales and managing inventory supply.
- Managing product category budget and strategy for buying hard goods (surf, skate, paddleboards, and related products) and soft goods (apparel and accessories for men, women, and kids).
- Creating and submitting pre-season and at-once purchase orders for vendors, and processing invoices and inventory as items arrive.
- Managing in-store point of sale system and cash deposits.
- Maintaining store appearance, including detailed merchandising and daily cleaning.
- Planning and executing special events, and assisting in marketing duties as needed.
- Assisting customers, including ringing up sales, in-store product education, and answering calls and emails.
- Managing staff, including recruiting, hiring, and training new employees; setting work schedules and maintaining payroll targets; and setting an excellent example for staff through strong leadership, a positive attitude, and great customer service.
- Assisting web manager with maintenance and operation of online store and sales.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven retail experience, including merchandising and marketing; management level preferred but not required.
- Passion and/or interest in the surfing lifestyle with a serious desire to learn.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Familiarity with Lightspeed, or other retail POS systems, preferred but not required.
- Full commitment to the year-round position with
the understanding that there are seasonal changes which require extra hours in
busier seasons and more flexibility in winter.
Send an email to with your contact information, resume, relevant work history, and why you want to work with us to email@example.com.
Next summer will be here before we know it! If you're interested in joining our seasonal crew, drop us a line. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact information, relevant work history, and why you want to work with us. Please indicate which position is the best fit for you:
- Retail Store Sales Associate
- Rental Sites Associate
- Kids' Beach Camp Instructor